What do I write about in a blog? This is a question I often get asked when it comes to those wanting to learn how to build a business on the internet.
There is inspiration all around. Both the obvious and not so obvious… When you are starting your blog, you should already have a list of at least 30 keyword phrases or more that you have researched and that you can build your content around. These are keywords that are related to the products or services that your business provides or keywords about problems that you have the solution for.
Sometimes, even having the keywords is not enough inspiration. Especially if you are just starting out in the content marketing business and writing is not necessarily second nature to you. I know that it was not for me.
In this article, I want to provide some tips, I think will help get you started on your way to. If you apply these techniques, you should never be at a lost about what to write about in a blog, again.
- Write About Mistakes - Research and write about the top mistakes that people tend to make in a certain area. For example, write about the top 10 mistakes people make when choosing a home based business and how someone else can avoid making those same mistakes.
- Blog Comments - Read comments or questions on your blog or a blog in your same niche. People often time ask questions or make very insightful comments on blog posts. You can write an article that will answer that question or create an article around the comment that was shared.
- The Latest Trends - If you are serious about building a presence on the internet, you should be keeping up to speed on the latest trends in your industry. Share that information on your blog.
- Create a List of Resources - Share a list of resources with descriptions that you know will help your readers achieve their goals in a particular area.
- Interview and Industry Leader - Do an interview with a leader in your industry to share with your readers.
- Weekly Roundup - Do a weekly roundup of some of the best articles you came across during the week in your chose industry.
- Lessons Learned and Success - Share your personal victories and failures with your readers. I will help you engage more and transparency always gets your points in the trust area..
I hope that these tips, will help you to get your creative juices flowing. Once you get started, you will find that the ideas will continue to come and flood gates of your creativity will open.
Finally, and one of the biggest things I think will help you along your blogging journey is to start reading everything you can on your chosen topic. The more you read, the more information you will retain, internalize and form your own opinion of. From this, you will create new ideas and original content that you can share with your audience.
Read other blogs, websites, articles, on the internet. Visit your local library or bookstore and read books. Interview experts and even your friends and family. Become a collector of information. That way, when it's time to sit down to put the pen to paper or fingers to the keyboard, you will have an abundant supply of inspiration to glean from.
Now, let's get to work! Feel free to share with me what gets you in the flow ...